How to get over being unmotivated at work.
Sometimes you wake up and don't want to do anything. You just want to stay in your pajamas and watch "The Office" on Netflix all day. But you are a small business owner and you can't do that. Here are my 5 ways that I combat those days I feel unmotivated.
1. Shut off social media- Sometimes social media is awesome. You can see what your friends are up to or what Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson had for a cheat meal but just remember that a lot of that stuff is fake. You are glimpsing into a small portion of a person's life and most of the time people only share happy stuff. Shut it off for the whole day. Don't look at it! Put your phone on airplane mode and get to work. Trust me, the online world will be there when you are done.
2. Put on music that gets you pumped- Nothing gets me pumped like some Kanye West or some DMX. Whatever that means for you, go ahead and start blasting it! Start dancing and singing your head off. Trust me, it'll put you in a good mood and you will "Carpe that Diem."
3. Eat your favorite breakfast- On days need to kick ass but don't have the energy, I go ahead and get me some Starbucks and get to work. A nice Venti Starbucks Doubleshot on ice with a double smoked bacon sandwich will have my belly happy and I will get to work. This can be dangerous cause you don't want the "itis" and fall asleep.
3. Listen to your favorite motivational person- It doesn't matter if it's David Goggins or Cindy Novotny, get out there and find their videos and get pumped. Listen to their podcast, audiobooks, read their quotes, put their quotes up in your office, your brain will adapt and overcome. You got this!
4. Reward yourself- When you knock off 1 thing off your to-do list, give yourself a reward. Ran that mile, give yourself a protein bar. If you got all of your reports done for the quarter, reward yourself with your favorite treat (frozen margaritas anyone?). At the end of the day, using a reward system gives you the shot of dopamine to your brain.
5. Just Do It- At the end of the day, you need to get over yourself and get the job done. No one is going to do it for you. That open house isn't going to throw itself, that report won't write itself, and I can assure you that Karen , in accounting, won't get that airplane fixed. It is all up to you. And when you understand that, great things will come. There is a reason why Nike chose "Just Do It" as their slogan. Sometimes, you don't want to run those stadiums or lift those weights but champions aren't made by doings thing you want to do, they are made by those who are willing to do what no one wants to do.
We all have been there. Some call it a case of the Mondays but no one is going to make your money for you. Those sales calls need to be made, those numbers need to get crunched, and those bad guys need to get caught. I know you are unmotivated but that doesn't mean that you aren't going to overcome it and get the job done. Reach deep inside yourself and get through another day so you can achieve your goals.
What did I miss on this list? What helps you get through the days you are unmotivated?
How can I help you grow your social media or your brand? Contact me today for a free consultation.